Condo Insurance in Indiana

Condo insurance is also known as HO6 insurance. Like homeowner's insurance, condo insurance covers damage to your condo and personal items. If you cannot reside in your condo, your insurance will also cover temporary living expenses. However, this is only dependent on the coverage you select. We can help you choose a condo insurance policy at CXE Insurance in New Albany, IN.

Condo Insurance Requirements

Condo insurance is not legally required in Indiana. But your mortgage lender may require you to purchase a policy to qualify for a loan.

Condo Insurance Coverage

Here's what condo insurance covers:

  • Dwelling: If anything inside of your condo unit becomes damaged following a loss, this will cover the repair or replacement costs.
  • Personal property: Personal belongings are anything that isn't permanently attached to your condo. If something were to happen to them, whether damaged or stolen, this would cover the costs of repairing or replacing them. This covers items such as electronics, furniture, and clothing.
  • Loss of use: This covers your living expenses if you cannot live in your home after a loss. Covered expenses include hotel stays and food.
  • Liability: If you are held liable for causing injuries or property damage to another person, this will cover the other person's medical bills if the accident occurred while in your home.
  • Loss assessment: If an accident occurs in a shared space on your condo property, such as the stairwell or pool, this will cover you if you are responsible for the difference in the amount your master condo policy pays.


If you are interested in receiving a condo insurance quote, please call CXE Insurance today. Our office is located in New Albany, IN.